Old 12-13-21, 08:20 AM
ofajen
Cheerfully low end

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 667 Posts
Originally Posted by Sorcerer

The chrome steel Soma Eagle handlebar is an unusual component. It's been on there since the build up about 5 years ago. A few stem changes were needed to get the right positioposition.
The Eagle could be compared to a Jones bar perhaps. It took a couple of years to get used to using the "horns". My initial impression was that position was useless. I was very wrong. I've adapted to use them like a riding on the hoods or scooting forward for a nice flat stretch, especially if there's a tailwind, to spin up a high cadence.
Yeah, I was noticing that you get similar riding positions to what I have with touring bars and a 150mm stem on the RockHopper. The grip positions are similar and then the Eagle horns are about where I would grip the forward bends in front of the levers. I really like bars that have that long range front to back. The full range has uses both seated and standing. I even make use of an intermediate position where my fingers grip under the fixed part of the lever. It’s all good!

Otto