View Single Post
Old 12-19-21, 10:42 AM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked 379 Times in 279 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
You ever seen the pedestrians trample or attack the slow pedestrian? People sometimes honk at the slow driver. No one gets "jumped" in either of those scenarios.

Seriously, there's no "recipe for disaster" here. People are just going to get over not having a good Strava time on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Really, you sound like you've never ridden on a crowded bike path or lane before. It's nothing like road rage, it's way too close and personal to get away with behavior like pushing and shoving in the crowd. Also, I've never actually tried it, but I don't think assaulting people while you're on a bike is terribly practical.
Haven't seen it (yet?), no, but I've seen them getting annoyed, and I suspect some altercations may not happen because the second person is too cool-headed or afraid of getting hurt/arrested and chooses to ignore what the first person says/does. A. I don't live where it's super-crowded, B. luckily, people aren't as volatile here as they are in some places (including places where it's more crowded), and C. people are utterly insane these days and kill or assault other people over minor things-- including in my area.

("Assaulting people while you're on a bike" + practicality: did you miss the picture of the woman with the sword? )