View Single Post
Old 12-04-15, 08:04 AM
rkwaki
soon to be gsteinc...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well as my ears were burning I came to learn that my name came up on this thread so I thought I better jump in and clarify (not been on the forum in forever).
A few years ago I did mention that I was a huge abuser but it had nothing to do with cycling. I had stopped racing and began bodybuilding/powerlifting more seriously. I had posted about it to shed some light on my thoughts on banned substances.
But to clarify I've never raced using banned substances not been popped for their use.
Truth is, in my case, I work my ass off to get the results I have. Right now that means I am training 2-3 times a day (1 weightroom session and 1-2 bike sessions) and I have the support of many around me to achieve some of the goals I've laid out for 2016.
As some of you are my Facebook friends and see what I post you can validate that work very, very hard to be competitive (not saying that others here don't). Unfortunately with that comes continued doping allegations as I am so big in comparison to those that I race against.
Truth is that the amount of doping in the amateur ranks (not even going to comment on the Pros) is more widespread than I think many would want to acknowledge but this is not confined to cycling. Take a look at football, baseball, etc. at the high school level.
Outside of that, hope everyone is doing well and might have to try to spend more time around here if time permits...