DougRNS
Silver Comet Fred

Bikes: 1

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8843 Post(s)
Liked 2,991 Times in 1,738 Posts
Lawn mowing Review:
First of all I call BS on the 40 minute battery life. I got done cutting the front lawn in 33 minutes and decided to keep going to see how long it would last. It died right at 40 minutes. My grass wasn't even that long so it should have lasted longer. I'm thinking they have a timer with a kill switch at 40 minutes. If not, this is going to be close every time I cut when the grass is a little longer.
Now, the review. Very quiet compared to an I.C.E. 60% as loud and you could talk over it so no need to shut it down for a conversation. Large diameter tires in the rear make it nimble and coupled with the low weight it is easy to maneuver. Hence the quicker cut time. Additionally, not having self propel allows a little faster pace without sacrificing cut quality.

Rating?

If the 3 year warranty on the battery means it might last 4 years, I think it is a good value and easier to use/maintain.

I got it on sale for $249 and a spare battery is $149. Reasonable and will get cheaper as technology advances unless Elon Musk uses all the lithium.