Old 08-25-21, 05:35 PM
homeless in ca.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts
I bought a non working folding e-bike from Princess Auto

I needed a fuse for my truck and by the entrance they had this bike. I've wanted a folding e-bike for a while and this looked just like what I was looking for. A robust, folding bike with a motor. Only 350 watts but top speed of 32 km/h which is sufficient.

I offered $500 and after calling his boss the associate said that was good.

I checked the battery when I got home. It's 41.5 volts. But what I don't understand is why there's four connectors. I did some research online and read somewhere that two connects are (-) and the other two are (+). But I could only get a voltage reading when I tested the two outside connectors..

Then I read somewhere that the controller turning off is usually a worn battery connection. First I tried unscrewing the socket that contains the four connectors but when I tried pulling it out with a pair of pliers it would only budge a little. So I put the screws back and then tried straightening the connectors with my miniature screwdrivers and voila the bike works!

I took the bike for a ride around the neighborhood. When I pedal a bit it gets up to 20-25 km/h pretty fast. Takes longer to get up to 32 which is the max setting but it gets there. Pedaling doesn't help it's geared too low.

I had to put the bike away because it's pretty fast and I want to put some lights and mirrors before I go for another ride. I'm anxious to get a carrier rack and see how it does pulling my trailer. I like using my bike to go on jobs but crossing the Jacques Cartier bridge with a trailer takes the wind out of me.

I posted a picture of the plug and you can see where I tried pulling it out with pliers. Is it possible to replace that plug or retrofit to something that's easier to fix. I was able to get it working but I broke two of my miniature screwdrivers doing it.

Likes For homeless in ca.: