View Single Post
Old 11-27-22, 06:55 PM
andrewbross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trmcgeehan
I have a 1985 Ross road bike, given to me by a friend in California. I have been riding it 4 years, and it's a great bike. It is heavy -- 32 pounds ready to roll. Does anyone know the history of the Ross company? I understand they were headquartered in Allentown, PA. I was in Florida last week and stopped by a local LBS. I asked the owner if he could identify my bike (It carries no manufacturer logos). He asked me if it was European or American. When I said American, he immediately said "Ross." The owner said Ross was a going concern until the late 1980's, when they won a U.S. Post Office contract to provide three-wheel bikes to carriers in New York City. This dragged the whole company under, for what reason I don't know. He said he thinks the company still exists, but no longer manufactures bikes. Maybe Ross is now some kind of distributor for Asian bikes. Here's a little aside on this particular bike shop. The owner was formerly a Ferrari mechanic, who bought the shop 4 years ago in Jacksonville, FL. He said: "If I can tune a 12 cylinder Ferrari, I figured I could work on these things (bikes). He had a good point, I think.
Hello, I am the grandson of the founder of Ross Bucycles FKA Chain Bike Corrporation; posted entire history at beginning of this thread; if you have any additional questions e-mail me at andyrossesq@msn.com; Rand in Farmingdale, NY purchased the trademark “ROSS” in 1991 and manufactured about 100k POS bikes in Taiwan 🇹🇼 in the mid 99’s ; these are not Ross bicycles proudly made in the USA for 40 years. My dad Sherwood Ross and last CEO passed in 2013 if you GOOGLE his name you can read his obituary which Ibwrote and appeared on the front page of the New York Times; provides much of the sam info whe I first posted on this thread, Andrew Ross.
Likes For andrewbross: