Old 08-26-21, 05:24 PM
Sardines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Bad news, if you want a Pinion P1.18 drive, there are only 2 options for CF frames, and all are custom in EU. I looked VERY hard at your VN Deveron setup. It's heavy for a Ti biker because of the touring cred. If you are looking for a under 27lbs Pinion P1.18 bike, you'll need to look at Quantor's Urkraft or Earth Run 9, which is just 5lbs heavier, with a bit of mods, all based on Nicholai frames. Also check out Einhorn, which make very light Ti bikes with Pinion.
If Pinion isn't that important, you can always put spacers on the stem and even change to an adjustable stem like the NVO, which can raise 60°. Combined with a riser style handle bar, I think you'll be comfortable.

Originally Posted by Dave Horne
Because of the lockdown, my local bike shop is only open for repairs.

Before I start, I live in the Netherlands, the most advanced bike friendly country in the world.

I own an excellent bike, a Van Nicholas - titanium frame, Pinion 18 speed gearing, disc brakes, and a Gates belt. Since it's an every day bike for me, it has all the typical standard accessories - mud fenders, lights, built in ring lock, along with a more upright handlebar. (I'm 70 and never liked a dropped handlebar, never.)

While my bike is built to last longer than I, there are times when I would want to bike long distances and would rather have a carbon fiber frame but with a typical upright posture.

I also realize I can have a bike built from scratch, but is there a market for a light weight bike with a more upright posture.

Whenever I look at bikes online, the handlebars, if not dropped, are low.

I'm just throwing this out. When the lockdown is behind us I'll see my local bike shop and speak with them.