FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked 1,170 Times in 793 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
The mistake i regret the most is being way too conservative with my retirement savings investment early on. Had I taken average risk, I might have been able to retire by now (age 55). The real issue is benefits. I have a darn good package through work, including medical with a $1,500 deductible and a $5,000 yearly out of pocket maximum. That's a tough nut to give up. Hoping this country gets universal care in the next five year because I highly doubt I will work beyond 60.
Yep. Don't give up that insurance prematurely. Up to the summer of 2016, we (my family) had reasonable health insurance premiums and coverage.

Once we lost that when my wife got laid off, my company's premium for three people (me, wife, college kid) has been offered at over $2K per month for the last several years. The last quote given in November 2019 was a premium of $2590.00 per month for some Blue Cross/Blue Shield Plan. Which means I haven't had insurance through my company in that time.

Here's two smart phone screen shots I took last November when shopping for health insurance at the healthcare.gov marketplace yet again. When the premiums get affordable, the deductibles are through the roof.

Last edited by FiftySix; 07-02-20 at 01:07 PM.