Old 11-23-17, 06:53 AM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by matt92037
Those are King Ti cages. The rims are 38mm carbons from carbonbike.com. First set of road rims but I have built up 5 sets of MTB rims and they have been great.
Those King ti cages do look like they belong on that bike. I'll have to show you the ti stem spacer I ordered when it gets here in a couple of days or so. I'm happy right now with the spacer height under the stem, and I'd better stay happy with it, because I just spent stupid money for a single-piece spacer for it.

I rebuilt a wheel or two when I was in my young 20s, and then I've built three wheels in the "modern era" of my cycling, since I started riding again in 2009. So the chinese carbon rims I'm building will be my 4th and 5th wheels I've built, as soon as I get the hubs and spokes. Thanks to Youtube, Brandt Jobs' book, and various web pages I think I'll get it done with a decent build. The rims showed up, but I haven't ordered the hubs and spokes yet. Bike Hub Store is having a holiday sale, so I'll probably order them in the next day or so.