View Single Post
Old 04-22-21, 09:00 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
took mrs. Peel out for her shakedown ride. First impressions - man, after modern brifters, those brake levers are tiny!!! Braking - front brakes barely work, rear brakes work pretty well, but they squeal like mad. Gearing - i need more gears! Or at least different ones. 43x23 is still pretty tall for a low gear. I think i can make a wider range cassette, and a smaller small ring. Fit - not bad. I think i managed to set the saddle height pretty well.

The braking is my biggest concern i'm pretty sure i've got a bad interaction between the pads and the rim somehow. I'd be more worried if this were the final front wheel, but it's not. I'm gonna sand the pads a bit, and clean the new wheel well, and try it again. The rear, i thing may have toe out, hence the squeal.

The ride was shorter than i'd have prefered because there's some kind of front moving and it got cold and windy. I did manage to get a picture with the last of the sunlight, before the clouds blotted it out.

hot
How much do you think you'll make on the flip?