View Single Post
Old 11-29-21, 12:05 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,855 Times in 6,071 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
My parallel parking skills are still fairly sharp after being honed in NYC. In places like MN, where PP often isn't necessary, I find that a lot of prime street parking is passed up because people just don't want to deal with the hassle, which means that I can swoop right in.
I used to be pretty good at parallel parking, from 6 years living in San Francisco. But since moving to the Burbs 28 years ago, my skills have atrophied considerably. I once watched the Not-Yet-Mrs. GeneJockey squeeze her car into a parking space that was maybe a foot longer than her car.

BTW, while living there, I developed the rules of San Francisco Parking spaces:
1) That opening you see down the block isn't really an open parking space. If it were really a parking space, someone would already be in it.
2) If you take a space >1 block from your destination, because you KNOW there won't be any closer, you'll pass at least two big, open parking spaces on your long walk to where you were going.
3) If you DON'T take that space, there will be no open spaces any closer.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles

Last edited by genejockey; 11-29-21 at 12:12 PM.