Old 05-11-21, 08:01 AM
BonesMcC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FX3 - installing bar ends

Hello.
New member; UK, and new owner of a 2021 FX3.

I'm very pleased with my new bike, and the only thing I want to change initially is to add bar ends.

Having read through this whole thread, I see it has been a recurrent theme, partly due to the IsoZone non-standard bar and grips.
I have found the Bontrager bar-end adapter pack for 12.99, but I also read somewhere else that the most recent Trek FX IsoZone bars don't need the adapters any more?! Any truth to that?

- What I basically would like is to keep the IsoZone grips, but add bar-ends that resemble the size and shape of the Ergon GP5 ends.
The closest picture to that I have seen on here is way from the first page of the thread - QUOTED below. It's not quite perfect - I like the size, shape and material of the GP5 ends.
There are links to websites selling just the ends of the GP5. Is it remotely feasible that I could fit those next to my IsoZone grips, using the Bontrager adapters?

Appreciate any advice.
Bones

Originally Posted by cncspinner
It actually worked out in the end, the bontrager set up ended be being less expensive and the bike shop installed them for free.

PHOTO REMOVED AS NOT YET HAD 10 posts