View Single Post
Old 11-11-21, 12:23 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by Funkywheels63
base on your comments I believe you are right. will purchase metal tire levers to replace the plastic stuff. I just assume that bicycle tires aren't as tough as motorcycle tires. I change the tires on my motorcycle, and those levers are metal.
As another poster has said, you don't need metal tire levers. Quality tire plastic levers such as Park, Pedros or VAR are quite sufficient for most bicycle tires.

I'd figure out a way to carry a spare tube as many times a hole in a tube is so small that it's nearly impossible to find it when trying to repair a tube at the side of the road. Also easier to put a new tube in the tire than repair a tube when it's raining.

A cotton ball is a great addition to a tire patch kit. Use the cotton ball to sweep along the inside of the tire before putting in a patched or new tube. The cotton ball will snag on anything protruding into the tire and will save your finger or thumb.

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man: