Old 05-06-22, 12:56 AM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcusT
I have complete respect for cyclists on the road as I am one, but when I see a behaviour that just puts everyone at risk, it's too much for me.
Road cyclist riding in the middle of the lane on a narrow road. There was wide side lane for bikes. It was impossible to pass him without getting dangerously close. When the opportunity to safely pass presented itself after about a km, I rolled down the window and let him know what I thought of his unsafe manner. He gave me the one finger salute, I yelled "stop putting lives at risk" and moved on.
My biggest concern is the safety of other cyclists, because when drivers get fed up with riders like that, it puts the safe riders in danger.
I've ridden this road hundreds of times and yes, the side lane is perfectly suited for cyclists
once, driving through a large intersection in Boston, I saw a cyclist whizzing in from the right, without a care in the world (and ignoring the red light, of course) and on a trajectory that would’ve placed him under the front of my car. I laid on the horn, which snapped him back to the real world and he hit the brakes. A half-mile further on, I had pulled over and was getting out of the car, and Johnnie Biker passes by, screaming and giving me the bird. I give him a wave and a “You’re welcome!” Just another genteel interaction in Beantown 🙄
I have no problem calling out a cyclist who’s being a jackass - besides, he would’ve messed up the front of my car 😟