Old 08-13-15, 09:25 AM
valleyrider

Bikes: 2014 Trek Crossrip Elite, *mart Mongoose XR-150

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Phone covered in Goose Crap

So I was on my way to work this morning. Had my phone and wallet in my jersey pocket like I normally do. Part of my route takes me through a university in the area and it goes right around a pond where a lot of geese like to hang out and do their daily eating, swimming, crapping, mating stuff. So I always ride through and get crap all over my tires and fenders, but it's whatever. Today the university was watering their lawn like they do often, so I was hopping over the hoses. After I hopped the second hose I feel my phone slipping out of my pocket and look to my left to see it soaring through the air. It smashes into the bike path and just skids along the goose crap. I mean just skids right through. Just right through piles of it. Piles of goose crap. My phone slid through them all. Piles.
So I turn around and pick up my phone. The case is broken in half, the screen is cracked, and there is goose crap stuffed in every nook and cranny on that thing. I think the only place no goose crap got was in the charging port somehow, so that is good news. It's a good thing I'm not too attached to my phone and I got it for free. <-I'm not amused.

Anyway, I've gone mountain biking with my phone in that pocket, and I've hopped over things and not over things just for fun with the phone in that pocket. Never before had I even felt it budge. I wonder if I just didn't have it all the way in my pocket.

Anyway, that's my story.