View Single Post
Old 11-29-21, 07:53 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Branko D
There are people who shower and put on deodorant before a ride and people who, to put it politely, don't smell very well

That said, better fabrics seem more... resistant to smell. I have a bunch of cheap dry-fit running shirts (which does get me more sweaty because, well, moving a whole lot slower and all that) which I got participating in races and the like which will start to smell fifteen minutes after a run.

The root cause might be that I often don't shower before a run but only afterwards, but the better stuff I have doesn't seem to smell nearly as readily after a run.
As Churchill was alleged to have said to a women complaining that he smelled, "Madam, I stink, you smell".

Could you be specific on the better stuff? My understanding is some synthetics are a little better at delaying the stink due to treatment with triclosan or silver particles. My synthetic kit is either Castelli or Assos. There is no way I would wear either for more than a couple hours stinkless whereas I can wear merino or other "wools" for many, many days and the odor will be far less than one day in a synthetic jersey. Some people just do not smell very well (ineffective noses)

Last edited by GhostRider62; 11-29-21 at 08:24 AM.