View Single Post
Old 12-18-22, 05:04 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4363 Post(s)
Liked 4,006 Times in 2,675 Posts
"If you will it, dude, it is no dream" - Walter Sobchak (quoting Theodore Hertzl)

To everyone else in the real world, no you cannot nor would you want to convert any rim that is a standard clincher rim to a tubular rim or vice verse. You can find plenty of tubular rims or you can find plenty of open tubular tires from Vittoria, Challenge, Tufo, René Herse, Specialized and others that mount to standard clincher rims and you can use a latex innertube to cut out weight or give an even more tubular like ride. Or you can just use standard butyl innertubes and no issues. The only reason I would personally want to run tubular tires is if I happened to be racing and had a team behind me or maybe track racing or was really riding some nice roads on a very special bike. Really though with my Vittoria Corsa G2.0s or my various Challenge tires I haven't really had a need to get any more supple. I would rather just have wider and wider tires and frames to fit them.