Old 06-25-21, 06:42 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,398 Times in 2,093 Posts
The braking system started giving me a bit of grief a bit ago, with the front caliper sticking, and both cables stretching more than I expected of them in a short amount of time.

It turns out that if the centering adjuster is backed out just a bit too much on these, they tend to stick halfway through their travel. A bit of adjustment solved that.

The most dramatic change though, are these "4ZA" in-line cable quick releases (along with aluminum cable ends and proper stainless dome nuts).

I'm not thrilled about the way they look - and I'm honestly skeptical whether they'll even allow the calipers to open up enough to slide the tire through - but they're less bulky than the Shimano CB90, which appears to be out of stock almost everywhere stateside (the one place that did have them doesn't have a pair).

I'm not quite convinced, but I'll give them a try.

Meanwhile, the Shimano lined housing and stainless cables are performing a lot better than the crap that I installed for the initial build. Braking is back to feeling sharp and perfectly responsive. I'd put these against cable discs any day of the week as they are now.

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888: