View Single Post
Old 09-30-22, 04:52 PM
Kanon25

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
I have at least 8000 miles on various Continental GP 5000 tubless tires (both TL and S TR) in sizes 25mm- 32mm, every ride starts in the city, and have yet to have a puncture that didn't seal up on it's own. I frequently encounter broken glass/grit and other urban nastiness on my rides and with tubes I'd get flats every few months. Now I never get flats.<br /><br />I wouldn't buy the TL version anymore because they're extremely difficult to mount. The S TR solves that problem. I'm sure other tires would be fine too, but I see no reason to buy something that is specifically "puncture resistant" for a tubeless setup.<br /><br />YMMV
<br /><br />Am using the GP5000TL 32mm for mostly gravel and some road and city riding. The back one did wear out in 1.5 years, with use in spring, summer and autumn, but not winter season. That said, I was probably running relatively high pressures and am relatively heavy. I suspect would last longer at lower pressures

I experienced excellent puncture protection in that time. Zero flats that I could find. And some of the gravel was fairly crunchy.