DougRNS
Silver Comet Fred

Bikes: 1

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8846 Post(s)
Liked 2,995 Times in 1,741 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
So originally it was either going to be a honda civic, honda hrv, subaru outback, subaru cross trek. The original plan was to spend no more than 20k. After doing research I realized that wasn’t realistic, but 25k should work.

I talked her out of the civic it’s just too small. Hondas are extremely hard to come by in my area, and the mark up is huge.

Well I stumbled on a mazda CX-5 so I took her to try that out. She loved it, but the price after all the fees and bs, was 10,000 over budget. We offered 28k cash to see if that would make a difference and she wouldn’t negotiate at all. ( I told my wife that wouldn’t work, but italians have this view of the world that is hard to explain)

Went to the honda lot next to test ride the HRV, and we quickly realized the HRV was not going to work. We’re not big on the bells and whistles but it has nothing, and to get some of the simple things the car was going to cost only a couple thousand cheaper than the cx5
She test drove a CRV and it was nice, had a lot of neat features, but was just boring. The gave us a quote and it was 2 thousand more than the CX5.

We will go look at subarus today but I think we will end up with the Mazda.

Since the car budget jumped up 10k it’s only fair that my bike budget jumps 10k right? I mean the S works tarmac is only 13k……..
I forget your situation but if you can, wait a year and it could be much better. I can't remember a time that being patient with a big purchase cost me and usually saved me $.
Free advice is worth what you paid for it...