View Single Post
Old 10-12-21, 01:55 PM
Jonesandrew

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ProdigyP
Yup, understand for the crankset. What about the cassette and rear derailleur? I also have been checking other Helix bike forum / social media.
Different rider different answer. So I myself also a little bit confused. These were their respond.

Changeable:
Rider A: Using a XDR Driver.
Rider B: Quoted from Helix Upgrade Guide - You can upgrade the cassette to any configuration. Everything from a 9 tooth sprocket up to a 51t will work. The limiting factor is the front chainring. Anything above 36t will a need a smaller front chainring.

Not Changeable:
Rider C: XX1 Rear derailleur cannot mount to the hanger. Only fit rear derailleur with direct mount.
Yes, the cassette can be changed. If the one you want to use requires an XD or XDR driver, they can be fitted to the standard Formula hub. Also quoting from the upgrade guide, the standard Formula RXC-142A is "compatible with SRAM XD + XDR and Shimano Micro Spline". The Hubsmith hub fitted to the ultralight is supplied with an XD driver to allow the e13 cassette to fit. I have no knowledge of the XX1 rear derailleur mounting. From the upgrade guide:
  • Any road, MTB and other type derailleur will work, however we recommend Shimano "Shadow" derailleurs because they are low profile and will minimize folded dimensions and also the cable pull clamp will not interfere with the steerer knob when folded.
Hope this helps.