gerv 
In the right lane

Bikes: 1974 Huffy 3 speed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyclepup
I am TOTALLY a homebody! I dread going anywhere where I will encounter crowds or have to actively socialize with people for extended periods. I even like walking/jogging/cycling because it's something I can do alone or with just one other person (usually DH) and/or my dog(s). It's not that I don't like people, they just tend to wear me out. Right now my cousins back east are frustrated with me because I don't feel like talking for an hour or two on the phone every other night. I prefer letter writing to phone calls, and I mean actual letters not e-mail. I don't see being a homebody as getting old for me, but I might want to expand my social habits so, when I'm in my 80's, I'm not laying on the floor for days without someone thinking to check on me.
Sounds like you are a little worried about being a homebody. Maybe you should try to expand your horizons just a little. Think about getting off the Internet and volunteering regularly somewhere. That would get you out of the house for a set number of hours each week...