View Single Post
Old 04-01-13, 07:25 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
It's nice to see all the ride reports. Rod, we might have run into you (figuratively, not literally) or passed you on Easter Sunday. We took the tandem out, 36 miles total, from Bedford to Chelmsford and back by yet another route, though on roads we've ridden before. The Bruce Freeman is mostly free of snow but a few spots required walking the bike. By next week it should be completely clear.

Bkg, it's good to hear from you. We might have run into you too, though I don't recall seeing any trailers.

We did have a nice conversation with another tandem couple before starting out from Depot Park. They were on a beautiful Co-Motion, obviously newer and likely faster than our vintage Peugeot.

GeezerPete, did you find out about bike classes? Is there something specific you wanted to learn? Some of us (well, I at least) have been wrenching on bikes for a long time. I'd be glad to work with you on anything. And if you're mechanically inclined there isn't much you can't figure out anyway, though some adivce does help.