View Single Post
Old 03-17-07, 04:37 PM
TrevorInSoCal

Bikes: IRO Jamie Roy (fixed-gear commuter), Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS, Trek Madone 5.5, Specialized Allez Comp, Marin Mt. Vision Pro, Specialized M2 Hardtail, beater Nishiki fixed-gear conversion, Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genedoc
Aren't any of you guys doing SDSR this weekend? I just finished stage II, the 45+ road race, pretty much alone.
Pretty much alone 'cause you were off the front, or off the back?

I'm doing SDSR. Just got home actually. I'm in the Vs, and was done hours ago, but stuck around to feed a couple friends in the 35+ race.

I'm not much of a sprinter, and there was no real break (though the field did split), so it came down to a bunch sprint with about 15 or 20 guys at the end.

Rolled through in 9th.

Got 2nd in the lap 4 KOM sprint, but I doubt it was good for much of anything, as I didn't get a top 3 in the lap 2 KOM sprint, and only got 5 KOM points in the time trial. I thought I might've had a chance at the win, or at least a podium today, if I could get in a break, so I played it a little conservative instead of going really hard for the KOM points.

In retrospect, the guy with the leaders jersey, had about 4 or 5 guys out there on his team. They were all fairly strong and pretty much much controlled the race, so my chances for a win, or even a podium were probably pretty slim.

I probably shoulda just buried myself on each of the KOM climbs and gone for the KOM jersey, with the exception of maybe one or two guys, it didn't look like anyone was really gunning for it, but those one or two guys probably had more points than me yesterday, so it might still not have been withing reach. I pretty much would have *had* to have got 1st in both KOM sprints to have any chance at it. Still probably had a better chance at that, than the race win.

Oh well, being an MTB crossover, I'm still pretty new at the road game. Lots to learn still.

Little apprehensive about tomorrow. My first ever crit. I just wanna get through it without crashing.

As for you guys doing Redlands, have at it. I *live* here, and have no interest in doing a Cat V crit on the Redlands course. Sketchy, sketchy. I'll probably be working registration though. I'm supposed to be down there at 11:00 to help out.