Old 05-30-22, 12:42 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I have to say I am very impressed with the latest Conti GP5000s TR. They came with my new Canyon in 30 mm width on DT Swiss carbon wheels (22 mm internal width). They seat and inflate very easily compared to the Pirellis I've been running on my other bike. Not sure if that is due to the tyre or rims or both. But these are the first road tubeless tyres I have been able to inflate first time with a regular track pump. I've got just over 1000 km on them so far, with no signs of cuts or wear despite some really rough roads. Grip and comfort are excellent too. Unless something bad happens I think these will be my default choice from now on - at least on this bike. I found the Pirelli P Zero Race TLR too fragile for my local use, but I still like the bombproof Cinturato Velos for winter training.
I would guess that it's the rims - the Pirelli (well, the P-Zero Race TLR, at least) should have the same bead specs as the Conti S-TR. All of the tires of the same spec, that I've tried, have mounted mounted with only a floor pump.

Also, *knock on wood* my P-Zeros probably have ~1800 miles or so on them and they've been trouble-free. This is through the worst part of the year, as far as debris is concerned, too.