Old 05-31-23, 06:03 AM
EVlove

Bikes: 1980 Dawes Super Galaxy + 1981 Lotus Classique + 1986 Bianchi Sport SX + 2005 Van Dessel Project WR + 2021 Zizzo Liberté

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 481 Times in 219 Posts
Goodness, I agree that's a lot of incidents. And a lot of irresponsible dog ownership. I do understand the desire to let them roam free now and again but dogs and strangers on bikes is just not a good mix.

It's a constant battle. Chelmsford, where I live, has a town-wide leash requirement, but it's seen as a serving suggestion. Neighboring Carlisle and Westford do not. When we had a dog, we kept her on the leash at all times and everywhere, because she was easily spooked and had a poor recall. One memorable exception was over the line in Westford, on a walk we had taken dozens of times together, without ever seeing so much as a squirrel. Wouldn't you know, a minute after I let her off the leash, she "found" a porcupine with her muzzle. That was a painful experience for her, and for our wallet ($400 vet bill, I think). And they don't learn! Vet said they often see it happen to the same dog again.
Likes For EVlove: