Thread: Kick stands
View Single Post
Old 11-13-22, 07:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4388 Post(s)
Liked 4,025 Times in 2,688 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Whats wrong with putting a bike upside down, its more stable. I did that a few days ago when I brought it into the grocery store and there was wine at the front of the store that I didn't want to take any chances. Wouldn't have been necessary if I had a kick stand of course
You can damage things like a very expensive dual control lever/STI/Ergopwer/DoubleTap...a saddle and for the growing amount of hydraulic braked bikes you can help air into the system. I would just find a spot away from the wine or use a lock and lock it up outside. If you are good with the manager at the shop and really nice I am sure they might be able to find a better spot for it. I know when I go in they will sometimes move my bike which I lock to itself using the supplied café lock and they still lift all 75 pounds of it to move it slightly away from the clementines (which is usually on display) but they never have complained and I am always nice about it and if they did come to me I would happily find a different spot.

At least where I go to shop there is plenty of space in different spots to store it and probably could even ask to put it in an unused lane if it was the right time. Plenty of spots without knocking over the Two Buck Chuck!