Thread: Seeking Caletti
View Single Post
Old 07-16-21, 11:36 AM
pepstepper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I’m completely non-dogmatic about materials choice. I’m convinced that each material has its significant advantages. Am plumping for ti this time as I’d like a road bike with wider tire clearances than my current super light, racy carbon road bike, so time for a change. I’d like it to be light and responsive but less finicky than carbon. It’s not that I fear that carbon will fail on a ride, it’s just that I’m older now and less deluded about the the cost of weight penalties , and am ready for something more classic, and easier to take care of. My other two bikes are steel - I love them, but ti would give some variety. Also, that raw finish just doesn’t date, so hopefully I’ll use it for longer - justifying the investment.

A bit rambling - showing there’s nothing illuminating in my decision-making. More of an ice cream or cake kind of choice!
Originally Posted by squirtdad;[url=tel:22141262
22141262[/url]]curious....like to understand other peoples material choices as I am getting closer to a custom. Why titanium vs steel or stainless ? thanks for indulging my curiosity in advance