View Single Post
Old 07-25-22, 07:35 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
Maybe a totally different thing but there is quite a bit of research pointing to health benefits by simply being exposed to high heat as in a sauna or hot tub. It has to do with shock proteins and also works in extreme cold.
i've used a sauna in the past and have tried cold thermogenesis. Cold is great for losing fat

if a rider is very fit, it is questionable that exercise in hot temperatures to acclimate will increase any fitness parameters that I mentioned. There are studies showing the contrary. Many of the studies are with the unfit wit VO2 max in the 30's and are very short duration studies. A recent study by Prof. Rønnestad from Norway utilized elite cyclists with one group in a heat chamber, one in a heated body suit, and the control. VO2 max increased about 2.5-3% in the the heat chamber and body suit groups with the body suit groups showing the biggest improvement in FTP (VT2.....IIRC). So, maybe there is something. I know that I cannot push too hard in really hot temps at my age and my fitness does not improve although acclimatization has big benefits. Guess I am wrong or just old or both