Old 03-23-13, 09:40 PM
corwin1968

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
I just bought a Handsome Devil frameset, which is a 700c version of the XO-1. I ordered the frameset about 5:00 pm on a Wednesday and had it in-hand by noon the following Saturday (Minnesota to Oklahoma in less than 3 days....not too bad).

Over the past year or so I've tinkered with my old 1995 Trek hybrid and educated myself on frame geometry. I used BikeCad to design a custom bike, using what I like about the Trek and changing what I don't like, and came up with 73/73 head/seat angles, 55cm seat tube, 43 cm chainstays, 70mm BB drop, 45mm rake on the fork and drop-out spacing of 135mm. The Handsome Devil ended up being SCARY close to my custom specs so I e-mailed Handsome and they had two 55cm frames left and won't have more until the Fall so I ordered one immediately.

I'm going to set it up with 40mm rise MTB handlebars and a 9-speed Deore drivetrain and brakes. Wheels are custom built Velocity Dyads with Vittoria Randonneur Hyper tires (32mm).

Here is the frame with my wheels installed:

Here is a BikeCad rendering that is as close as I can get to the real measurements, down to stem angle and length (all the measurements are very, very close to reality....BikeCad is an impressive program for free).

Finally, I found this image of a Devil that I believe was built by the folks at Handsome Cycles. This bike would give Rivendell a run for their money in terms of pure aesthetics:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1169.jpg (100.4 KB, 1612 views)
File Type: jpg
Handsome Devil Riv style.jpg (107.1 KB, 1615 views)