Old 09-02-20, 02:51 AM
daviddavieboy

Bikes: I have a few

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 210 Times in 104 Posts
Thoughts on a Trek 920

For many decades I was only a road rider until I bought a Cross Check in 2016. It was great not being limited to smooth dirt trails but the Surly was not very comfortable on rides much over 4 or 5 hours. Truth be told I bought one a size smaller than normal because I wanted more stability off road but my priorities have changed and now want to do more touring and still be capable off road.

My point of this post is to get others opinions of my choice of a new bike. After lots of reading I settled on a Trek 920. I ordered a frame only as I usually replace most parts to my liking anyway and from what I read the only real complaints are they come with too large of a cockpit and built a tad heavy. I plan to use this for multi day road / offroad touring some of which will be camping out.

I would rather stick to cable actuated brakes and possibly a 1x drivetrain but the last disc brake bike I had was a Giant OCR touring (first year) and I was not impressed. I am still undecided on the rest of the build.

Last edited by daviddavieboy; 09-02-20 at 04:38 AM.