just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3890 Post(s)
Liked 1,939 Times in 1,384 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I think this got it.

I actually weighed my normal mid-later day weight after a ravaging 1:20 on the TT bike on Tuesday. But, my water % on the scale had gone WAY up. Then after a lot of pee that evening and a solid night time pee, the weight during my normal after breakfast weigh in the next morning was down. Water weight % back to normal. But, glycogen not likely restored yet as I am NOT a big breakfast person any longer.

Some yogurt and a black coffee if I'm not riding early in the day. I simply found the "eat now so you don't eat a lot later" did not work for me. If I ate a good breakfast just to go sit at work, I still would eat the same lunch, same dinner, same evening snack with Netflix.

So, unless I'm riding early day I don't do the whole "nice breakfast" any longer. It wound up just being about 300cal a day of "filler".
My bedtime snack is 15g whey protein in water. That's worked surprisingly well. This morning's weigh-in found my weight unchanged, water up, muscle and fat both down from yesterday morning. My numbers change substantially between arising and afternoon workout, when muscle and bone have both gone up. - breakfast and lunch nutrition. I haven't been looking at the scale before and after workout, but I'll try to remember to do that. Might be informative - or maybe not. Can't tell without looking.