styggno1
Steel is real

Bikes: 40 - accumulated over 40 years

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 1,088 Times in 305 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Nice job - not many people seem to have the desire (or skill set) to take these things apart and put them back together. Having done it twice myself, I can kinda understand why

Kudos!

DD
Originally Posted by merziac
@styggno1

Well, like you, well out of my comfort zone but I do have a couple of modern bikes and frames that will get built/finished someday.

In the meantime I wholly applaud your acumen with the Pandora's box that are the shifters. So far, I can get them mounted, cabled and dialed in but I have some on my favorite rider that have to be way overdue for a cleaning, overhaul, etc. Pretty sure they should have azzploded already. They will probably be toast by the time I get there.
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
I am having an anxiety episode looking at the parts...
Thanks!
It did take some foul language... to get them back together again - as there were three washers that looked very similar but had different thicknesses.
I have always wanted to take things apart to get to know how they work. It started early and it has been a theme ever since. Engines, gearboxes, watches, etc. I seem to get it back together again - as of yet... What makes things easier today compared with when younger are 1/ experience and 2/ using a mobile camera for every little step.

Last edited by styggno1; 02-18-22 at 11:58 AM.
Likes For styggno1: