View Single Post
Old 11-04-19, 03:26 PM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoke
Need some help. Due to a pinched nerve I have lost 2/3 of my strength in my left calf muscle. This has affected my ability to ride my road bike with typical road cycling shoes with cleats under the ball of my foot. I have been able to compensate by riding with platform pedals and positioning the spindle of the pedals under the arch of my feet. While not ideal, it allows me to ride. However, since I am use to being clipped in, I don’t like how my feet move around on the pedals and I miss the ability to pull up on the back stroke. Any suggestions? Are there toe clips that could be adjusted to position the pedal under the arch rather than under the ball of the foot? Has anyone tried or use pedal straps? TIA!
Check out some recumbent specialty dealers.

Many recumbent riders prefer arch mounted SPD clips. I don't personally do it so I can't answer your questions but it's common enough that I'd think a recumbent specialty shop, like Bicycleman in New York or Hostel Shoppe in Wisconsin or Utah Trikes will have ready answers.