View Single Post
Old 08-30-18, 03:44 PM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Morelock
Rail size/clamp size issues is my first guess. Most carbon rails are bigger than metal ones.
Ritchey sells a carbon specific clamp that should fit. (the topper Fuji uses on the Track Elites is a WCS 1-bolt clampset)
That may be worth a try, though I have seen this slippage on both carbon and non-carbon rails. I also just put some carbon grit paste on there so we'll see how it holds up on the track tomorrow night.
Would you off hand know the specific product and model of Ritchey clamb that it compatible with the Fuji clamp?

It just seems like poor design to me. The contraption that holds the rails and tightens down sits on another piece that has a sort of a quarter size rotator cup. Reminds me of how a bone ball joint rotates in a rotator cup.
So when you tighten down the bolts, all it does is tighten down on the rails (which works fine for keeping the rails from sliding forward and backward), but also tightens down the ball joint, which is entirely inefficient at keeping the whole thing from rotating up and down on the cup, which is totally slick metal with no resistance at all. . Just seems wrong.