View Single Post
Old 02-10-21, 11:56 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Its somewhat size dependent, 300 watts for me is unreachable, but I am also 140 lbs, and at race weight (134) that puts me at almost 5 w/kg for an hour. Some bigger guys can do it no problem, but their w/kg conversions aren't as good. So, 300 really doesn't translate to great racing per se, but it is kind of a goal of mine to break it for 20 minutes (I am very very close) because that's always been the line people use for being a good rider, which is unfair to us smaller types.

The big issue with Zwift is probably 25% are off in some form, bad powermeters, weight, etc. I have an Elite Direto that I can do 320 for 20, on my Neo do 50 watts less (the Neo is spot on). A lot of people have bad pms. Outside there's a guy in my worlds about the same weight as me, but in segments I do 320, he's doing 400. There are also some crazy talented people on Zwift as well, but that's a world sample. That talent doesn't always translate to the road either.

The only thing I do well is climb so I'm very aware of the 45+ climbers, in California. I would probably say in SoCal there's less than 3 in that ag (climbers), and maybe another 5 in NorCal. There are a few big guys in the 40's that have massive FTP to go along with massive bulk that translates to crits but not racing. As for 4 or even 3's over 40+ that are over 300w, there aren't any unless the person is going up the ranks.