Old 07-18-21, 11:43 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6099 Post(s)
Liked 4,730 Times in 3,260 Posts
Is the fitter someone you can go back and talk to about stuff? If the fitter knows their stuff, then they'll have the best set of knowledge on the if's and's and but's you haven't disclosed to us or described in ways we fully understand. So I'd be asking them as well as considering anything here and elsewhere.

I don't know where the measurements you are giving are from and to. Nose of the saddle?(how long is the nose?) Where you think you sit? I'd just move it a little and try a few rides. Might change it while riding on a long ride. Forward or back? Well I'd go in one direction till it either was perfect or way too far. If I didn't find perfection, I'd try the other direction.

What's hurting in your hands that you say have too much weight on them?

My previous bike and my new bike both had 42 cm wide bars on them that is the generally accepted width for my shoulder width. My Raleigh and bikes before it had narrower bars, 38 cm or so. I was getting a lot of wrist numbness with the 42's as on longer rides, my wrist bent inwards and I didn't hold them straight. So I put 38 cm bars on that bike and now my wrist stay straight and no more wrist numbness on long rides.

If you have a pain in the center of your palm, then for one thing you need to be switching up hand positions. Drops are by far the most comfortable hand position for me, but I tend to ride on the hoods a lot. So I'm still adjusting. I've got a 70 cm stem coming to try instead of the 100 cm stem.

Maybe your bike shop or fitter has a used stem you can try out before purchasing a new stem.