Old 08-26-21, 06:59 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by m@tty
I’m in the market for a new frame and thinking of going longer.
Im not a Sprinter though scratch, points, pursuit.
what’s the general opinion. This was with resistance probable around 300-350 Watts.
One thing about the Dolan frames is that until you get to their biggest frame, the head tube doesn't really increase in height. So my 57 cm frame still has a 12 cm head tube, which is the same height head tube I have on my road bike. Seat tube happens to be 50 cm c-t as well.

This means you can size up substantially without the frame getting taller. It just gets longer.

My preferred seat tube length is 40 cm, yes forty, I want an effective top tube length of 56.5 cm with a 75.5 deg STA - that's how my two road bikes are set up. For track I have a stock 57 cm Dolan. 50 cm c-t, 12 cm head tube, 57 cm top tube. Perfect. Except the STA is only 74.5 so my saddle is further back than I want, and the reach, once I'm "on the rivet", is a bit short.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson