Old 10-01-21, 07:12 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts
Anyone have issues with the Trek T47 Bearings?

I have a 2021 Trek Domane and seem to be having issues with the Praxis BB eating drive side bearings. I got caught in the some heavy rain a couple of weeks ago, and the crank just did not feel super smooth on the next ride. I pulled the crank and found the drive side bearing had crapped all the grease out and I replaced the bearings on both sides and everything was smooth as silk. The next ride post bearing replacement was in perfect weather and I did 66 miles, but I kept hearing a slight squeaking from the drive side, and started wondering if I had put any grease on the the drive side bearing dust cover causing the squeaking. I pulled the crank tonight and yep, it was fairly dry, so I went ahead and rechecked the bearing and damn, it feels like it is has sand in it. Non drive side is buttery smooth. I've had many bikes in my day, never had issues with BB bearings, with the exception of the BB 30A on a Synapse, but that is a whole other story.

Anyone had any issues with the Praxis T47 bearings? I got to admit, I am less than pleased that I have had this Domane for less than a year, and I've will have had to replace the bearings twice, but now I am thinking of just replacing the Praxis with a BBInfinite T47.