View Single Post
Old 01-23-22, 05:06 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,861 Times in 6,072 Posts
Originally Posted by DougRNS
Might have covid. Evidence: Need for nap 2 days in a row* making me suspect fatigue. Will report back later.

* highly irregular
Eternal hypervigilance is the price of pandemics.

It's driving me around the bend. Every day I wake up, and think, "Do I USUALLY feel like this?", or if I get on the bike and feel a lack of snap in the legs, or if I look at my HR on the head unit, "Isn't this usually about 10 beats lower at this point?", or like yesterday, when the air was a little dry, and I wondered whether it was the first intimation of a sore throat.

Then there's the vicarious hypervigilance - Mrs. GeneJockey worked herself to a frazzle the other day and was fatigued all Friday night. No fever, but I wondered whether I should make up the bed in the garage for me and let her isolate in our room. Then try to figure out where to either get a home test or get her tested. Saturday she woke up full of energy and feeling fine. So, did she have it? Who knows?

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles