View Single Post
Old 01-30-22, 01:07 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Nope. Ice is ice. It is solid water.
OMG ... I'm so happy to see you posted a comment to this thread, I was getting worried about your welfare!

Originally Posted by cyccommute
I know that people up in your neck of the woods are fed this completely incorrect idea that car exhaust will freeze and cause an “invisible sheet of ice” to form by their local media but that is incorrect.
Funny that anybody in this thread that IDs on BF as location MN has agreed with me .... but I know exactly one person that is fed up with this information about black ice, and he doesn't live in Minnesota. Additionally, local journalists do not agree with you, did you see this post and read it? How Does Black Ice Form In Subzero Temperatures? https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...-temperatures/ (hint: you've over focused on exhaust vaper, it's part of the equation, but not whole story).

I'm happy to let you have a simple definition for black ice, OTOH for me and my riding (and driving), I will be aware that ice can form in different locations based on the conditions. This makes me a safer road user, and I can't understand how somebody gets fed up with that.