burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
It is confusing in that most of the responses, including my own at the start were oriented toward what someone could do. The actual wording is "are tossing out 300+w as B racers in Zwift for anywhere from 20min to over 30min." but the title mentions an hour.
burnthesheep I think means an hour. The first half of this thread was about how many can hold 300W/hour and few are recording that, at any level due to a bunch of factors.
The original sentiment, to be blunt, was that I found it quite BS that Zwift can have so many B racers making 300w power for any kind of race anywhere from 20min right on up to the lower end of ftp durations of 45min to 50min+. Most of those races are under a full hour, but if you did 300w for 50min you are likely within a watt or two at 60min. Zwift B, IMHO for all intents and purposes would line up with USAC 4/5. Being under 4w/kg for 20min is a pretty low bar for bike racing. What I was originally getting at is that I bet they're weight sandbagging to the heavier so they don't move up to A-class. Bunch of dudes cruising at 300w and 3w/kg. Really?

I moved on from that because Zwift is virtual. You can't take that stuff as any kind of "reality". Just do you on Zwift and don't worry about the rest, which is what I should do.

That's why I moved on into real world efforts of making 300w.

For I'd say even Cat 3's, it's just not even usable to hold 300w nonstop. You wouldn't do that in anything really but a 25mi regional TT, which at that point you're making less power on a TT bike anyway. So, my question is kind of bogus as nobody has the need to even do it until either your races are longer or you have to do that kind of stuff.

Shoot, if you're somebody who does sweetspot or traditional Z2 then HIIT stuff......you may never do intervals where you do 1x60 all out.

I'm coming to realize that the question was misguided. It's still a fun topic to talk about I guess.

I'm over it with the Zwift thing. It's a training tool. Who cares.

As for me, I think I could do 270w for an hour road or TT right now with a gun to my head. I did 25min the other day in TT at close to 300. Not 300 due to u-turn around and some steep downhill at lower power spinning out. I think I could do it someday......give me 2 years and 2 hrs/week more training time.