View Single Post
Old 06-22-22, 11:11 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2475 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 513 Posts
Where I live Kenda Kwests flat on every ride. Every ride. Once I had 3 flats in the same day. Needed both spare tubes and a self-stick patch to get home. Got Schwalbe Marathons in a hurry. They flat every couple of months or so. Bontrager Hardcase H2 tires don't flat at all! I don't take tubes or patches when riding the two bikes with the Bonties. They are that good. So, of course they don't make them in 20" size ... I also haven't seen them in 26" or 700C since the Supply Chain went tits up. Good thing they also seem to last forever ...

Edit: to stay on topic, the number one cause of pinch flats is riding off curbs (kerbs). The distant second cause is hitting a pothole or road debris at speed. The first should never happen, the second can be avoided by mature riding (joking). I could not find a stated maximum size for that bike. I tried. Looking at the bike though I'm hard put to see where you could get much bigger than at present. It's probably not worth the headache. I have the same size tires on my bent and I run them at 80psi. If you want greater comfort, reducing tire pressure isn't the best way because of the poor effect it will have on your speed and endurance. Pad the points of hard contact between you and the bike.

Last edited by Leisesturm; 06-23-22 at 12:13 AM.