holytrousers
hoppipola

Bikes: fausto coppi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I had worked very diligently for 2 years to lose weight. I had lost 180 lbs at that time and at 6'2 and fairly muscular, I only weighed 170 lbs. I was riding 100-150 miles a week riding some amount every day. I was trying to rid my belly of loose skin from going from a 48" waist to a 29" waist. To accomplish this, I had adopted a 22-2 intermittent fasting protocol. I would only eat any calories during that 2 hour window every day, usually around 2pm. I had been eating like this for nearly a year at the time and was quite adapted to it. Just like you mentioned, I always seemed to have incredible energy during my fast.

On this particular day however, I just pushed things way too far. I had fasted calories for close to 30 hours when I started that ride. Somewhere around 30 miles in, I knew I needed to eat. I was feeling strange in my head. I couldn't continue my ride. I actually had to lay down on a park bench for over 2 hours. I did get some food when I stopped and ate at that time, but I think I had depleted myself so much that it took 2 full hours before I could get back on the bike and get back to my vehicle. I was really unable to even stand for a while when it happened and would have likely sought professional help if it had been possible during those first 2 hours.
The measurements you provided suggest that you were fat-depleted, is that a possibility ?