View Single Post
Old 11-17-22, 07:56 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 963 Times in 628 Posts
First choice is eBay where you can reach the broadest market. Since you have eliminated that option….

Second choice is discount until it sells here. Presentation and Price are the two variables that affect selling. Assuming you have presented it well, time to lower price.

Third choice is to find a collector/buyer in NYC. Again presentation and price are the two factors.

The market for this bike is VERY limited. Yes it’s a nice one and has value. It’s all about finding the buyer (one is out there).

In my area, I sell some bikes to collectors, the rest go on eBay. I’ve been selling on eBay for 23 years. Out of probably 20,000 sales, 3 have gone bad. And none have gone really bad. But I pack very carefully.
Please don't confuse ebay "asking" prices with "selling" prices. Many sellers never get their ask price. some are far from it. Value is determined once an item actually SELLS. Its easy enough to check SOLD prices.
Likes For wrk101: