Old 11-20-22, 10:15 AM
TheDutchBiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed
You'll need a chaincase compatible crankset.
Can't add your link

Honestly 7500km isn't a whole lot of miles to be replacing the complete drive train. Sounds like you need to do maintenance (cleaning/lubing drivetrain) more frequently.
My 6600 Ultegra commuter has probably 24000 km and I've only replaced the cassette a couple times, chains & cables annually, and brake pads a couple times.
Thank you too .
You are very right – it's just the chain and cassette, the crank little and other items are not suitable for replacement. I've just cleaned the chain in between, so other items I could have taken better care for. The bike has been used for 2 years in Sweden (of which during tough winters), afterwards in The Netherlands in normal conditions. For my new set, I'll take better care of other parts .

Regarding the chain case: this is the current situation (can't add the photo's here as I'm a newbie--- chain guard: pasteboard [dot] co/duE6W91iFUey.jpg – full bike: pasteboard [dot] co/47F7LnSyNm2s.jpg)
The FC-6010 shows on the Shimano site that it's compatible with a chain guard. Is that also for my type of external chain guard?

Thank you!