View Single Post
Old 11-22-22, 02:45 AM
brixxton
resykler

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Reparto Corsa, Mongoose IBOC Campagnolo, Schwinn Super Sport, Mairag 4 Star, Canondale Criterium, Centurion Accordo RS, Specialized Hard Rock 1st Gen, Bianchi Special '81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Therapy

I picked up a similair bike, a GMC DENALI, for $50 off of CraigsList. I didn't like the colour scheme which looked like it had been puked on.
Over a beautiful weekend I sat on my front stoop with some Aircraft stripper, brushes, varying grits of emery paper, tools and good tunes. I took pictures of everything as I broke it down so I wouldn't forget how to re-assemble it.
Not rushing it and not breathing in the vapors I let the stripper do it's work . The paint fell off and I ended up with a beautiful mirror like aluminium frame. On Monday morning a had an awesome looking machine. To the untrained eye it looked as though it could be a high end titanium ride. It seemed like every other person commented on it.
Tuesday morning I locked it up downstairs in the Berkeley BART station.
Tuesday evening I returned to a chopped U-Lock and nothing else.
At least the MF'ers took my POS and left some much nicer machines behind, looking on the bright side. I had fun, gained some experience and had no fear I could do it again. I got an old Mongoose MTB and used it to get some chops around the Rustoleum rattle cans. I even experimented with very expensive Marine Varnish. Aluminium is easy...........................Now steel is another story completely but once your in the zone.
I guess what I'm saying is don't be afraid to try and WEAR A MASK!!!!

Last edited by brixxton; 12-01-22 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Spelling