View Single Post
Old 11-27-22, 11:04 PM
Kevinti

Bikes: Time VXS Translink, State Bicycle Black Label V2 Single, Electra Beach Cruiser, Santana Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by vespasianus
I am not saying that the seat stays are not needed for your frame, but they are not the most critical in terms load bearing. You can fix it at home and it will be fine. Also, watch the video and listen to the engineer from Cervelo not the buffoons on this site.
I want to be careful and not upset anyone since I'm new around here but "load paths" are a difficult concept and the reason that math majors make up a high percentage of stress engineers in highly technical fields. A picture from the OP would go a long way in understanding if any "advice" is going to be problematic IMO. I learned a long time ago that being able to post a picture or a video is the only way to properly approach an internet solution. Like I said I am new around here but I am surprised there isn't more push back, from the regulars, against posts that lack the supporting documentation to a "problem". Is this too high of a volume place? There is a lot here, that's how I became interested. Cheers.