View Single Post
Old 02-09-22, 06:22 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by ft3safety
Have you seen a Physical Therapist and sought out professional medical advice?

Taking medical shortcuts probably aren't the way to go but there may be drugs like EPO that a doctor could prescribe (if needed) to boost the fitness. You can't race with this drug and many others.

I went thru a lot of Physical Therapy and the Surgeon cleared me for any activity 9 weeks after surgery, which was 5 months ago. I've seen my family Doc three times and have had blood work. All good. I'm seeing my cardiologist tomorrow for my yearly.

EPO? LOL. My hematocrit/hemoglobin is well below the professional doper level but a little above average, as normal for me. EPO would not get me the 40% missing power.

Have you ever addressed something like this with a Medical Professional? Their eyes glaze over. I actually had one tell me that I was the healthiest person in his practice and to "Get out of here". It took almost 2 years for me to finally figure out I had asthma as confirmed by Pulmonologist and lots of testing. So, I would not dream of complaining to a Doc that I lost my bent legs. LOL