superdex
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
Why do I have to go to a 3rd party website to know if a route is paved or gravel? Why is the elevation profile on screen during rides so tiny and only for specific segments rather than the entire route? Why can't I customize the on-screen data to show averages for power or speed? Why doesn't Zwift show me how many miles I have ridden each bike, or times I've ridden particular routes, etc?
as a software guy, I read this and think -- yeah that's great. Go ahead and submit the comments. They're all features that some product manager has to decide whether it's worth the screen real estate to jam it in, where to jam it in, whether it's more important than the other things on the product roadmap (like steering and drafting enhancements maybe?) and then work with the dev team for feasibility etc. It's not a straight line.

I also imagine the product group at Zwift considers changing bikes mid-ride a 'not that often' thing. I mean really, the in-game performance difference isn't that much, unless you're talking mtn bike<->tt bike, but still, I'd suggest the skins and gamification are fun and all, but how many people are changing their bikes every ride to maximize the game engine's calculations? --Are you updating your weight every ride too?

At the end of the day, I'm sure it has to do with how and when the graphics for the worlds and skins are loaded and managed for the game engine. shrug.
Likes For superdex: